We are proud to have a sliding scale, and to accept a variety of insurance policies to make therapy available to those who perhaps otherwise couldn’t afford it. However, to make this financially feasible, we need your assistance in this process. We ask for your help and understanding in the following policies:
• Patients are responsible for all session fees, deductibles, and co-pays on the date of service.
• If your insurance is denied for any reason, you are responsible for the balance.
• To avoid insurance denials, patients are responsible for notifying us of the information below:
- All Insurances under your name that may be active (primary and secondary).
*Please note that if you have more than one insurance plan, and we don’t know, your benefits will be denied.
- Changes in your insurance – Cancellations, change from Affordable Care Act to Medicaid, new insurance from work, failure to re-certify, etc. * Please note that if your insurance isn’t active, your benefits will be denied, and you will be responsible for paying your balance in full.
To Notify Us about Any of the Above, Please contact our Billing Office: Donna at DAG Billing,email@example.com; Phone 914-288-0063; Fax 914-288-0067; your therapist; or the Director: Karen Costa, LCSW at 347-474-8464; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations and rescheduled appointments require 24-hour notice – without which there will be an $80 fee. Please remember that we cannot bill for sessions that didn’t occur, therefore, if you cancel at the last minute, your therapist will not be compensated for that lost session time, except by you. WE ask that all patients keep a copy of a valid credit or debit card on file, which will be charged if they cancel or reschedule without 24 hour notice. If you do not have a card on file or your card is declined, in order to continue treatment, you must pay your invoice in full on or before your next session. You are welcome to make payments either directly to the office or to our Billing office by contacting us at email@example.com or by clicking "contact us". If you were unable to upload your card information and you would like to leave a card on file with us, to facilitate this process, please let your therapist know.
This being said, we understand that in extreme circumstances, there may be emergencies that keep you from giving proper notice. If you feel there were extenuating circumstances, please contact our Director, Karen Costa at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking "contact us".
We are a private practice, and we can’t function without proper payment. We truly appreciate your understanding in this matter. We are committed to providing you with affordable, quality psychotherapy services; we hope that you will support us in continuing this endeavor.