We are proud to have a sliding scale, and to accept a variety of insurance policies to make therapy available to those who perhaps otherwise couldn’t afford it.
To make this financially feasible, we ask for your help and understanding of the following policies:
• You are responsible for your own insurance.
• If your insurance is denied for any reason, you are responsible for the balance.
• Patients are responsible for all session fees, deductibles, and co-pays on the date of service.
• To avoid insurance denials, patients are responsible for notifying us of the information below:
- All Insurances under your name that may be active (primary and secondary).
*Please note that if you have more than one insurance plan, and we don’t know, your benefits will be denied.
- Changes in your insurance – Cancellations, change from Affordable Care Act to Medicaid, new insurance from work, failure to re-certify, etc.
* Please note that if your insurance isn’t active, your benefits will be denied, and you will be responsible for paying your balance in full.
To notify us about any of the above, please contact our Office Manager, Shelbie DeMello at 347-474-8464 or email@example.com.
- Cancellations and rescheduled appointments require 24-hour notice – without which there will be an $80 fee. Please remember that we cannot bill for sessions that didn’t occur, therefore, if you cancel at the last minute, your therapist will not be compensated for that lost session time, except by you. We ask that all patients keep a valid credit/debit card on file, which will be charged if they cancel or reschedule without 24 hour notice. If you do not have a card on file or your card is declined, in order to continue treatment, you must pay your invoice in full on or before your next session. You are welcome to make payments either directly to the office or to our Billing office by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This being said, we understand that in extreme circumstances, there may be emergencies that keep you from giving proper notice. If you feel there were extenuating circumstances, please contact us at email@example.com or 347-474-8464.
Credit Cards - As much of our administrative and billing process is done remotely, we ask that all patients leave a valid credit/debit card on file. Any session fees you might have will be charged to your card within 24-48 hours of your session. Please let us know the day of your session if prefer an alternate method of payment.
We are a private practice, and we can’t function without proper payment. We truly appreciate your understanding in this matter. We are committed to providing you with affordable, quality psychotherapy services; we hope that you will support us in continuing this endeavor.